Primary Health Care
As a Primary Healthcare Clinic, we can offer you an ongoing relationship with a medical provider. We get to know you and your health. We listen to you and support you over time. We can provide ongoing medications and counseling for complex issues like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, thyroid problems, asthma, and depression. We can help you integrate the strengths of both conventional medicine and alternative treatments when appropriate, and help you navigate through the sometimes daunting medical system.
- In-house lab tests including: Urine, pregnancy, Strep. Influenza, stool tests, microscopic exams, EKG, spirometry, and full lipid panel / liver studies.
- Well exams including women’s health, sports physicals, men’s health exams, immunizations.
- Counseling for diet, exercise, and weight loss.
- Prescriptions for medications and refills.
- Referrals and communication with other providers: Physical Therapists, massage therapists, nutritionists, chiropractors, Naturopaths, acupuncture, gynecologists, surgeons, cardiac specialists, and endocrinologists
Women's health issues can be complex. As women ourselves, and as Nurse Practitioners, we know that taking time to listen to a woman's health story is important.
We carefully diagnose your condition, and then we help you clearly understand it and your options. Whether it is premenstrual tension, menopausal issues, or polycystic ovary conditions, we will treat your condition with the best choices for you. We can help with annoying conditions such as incontinence, and debilitating conditions like fatigue. We do thorough exams and order appropriate tests, including hormone levels. We will look at the problem holistically and help you find the best solution.
We can help you with treatment for:
- Acne-mild to severe, including adult female acne
- Eczema-management of infant to adult
- Warts (including the difficult ones!)
- Psoriasis-mild to moderate
- Cyst removals
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin cancer evaluation and treatment when indicated
- Molluscum Contagiosum lesions
- Ingrown nail infections
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Skin tags and cosmetic removal of benign moles
We provide quick and professional care for day to day medical issues. We can usually make same-day appointments for minor issues including:
- Colds, flu, sore throats, pink eye, ear infections, sinusitis, urinary tract infections and other common problems
- Sports physicals, Department of Transportation physicals, and other regulatory exams
- Wart removal, ear wax buildup, suture small wounds, biopsy funny looking skin lesions, and sprains.
We can help you with birth control choices including birth control pills, NuvaRing, Depo Provera injections, diaphragm fitting, and IUD insertion. We can discuss natural family planning. We have pregnancy tests and can confirm your pregnancy and help refer you to obstetrical care. We can test for STDs and treat them with prescriptions.
Men are sometimes reluctant to get the healthcare they need. Seeking help with health maintenance can be unfamiliar territory for men who are normally independent and self reliant. Men who will grin while getting stitches can be uncomfortable with the notion of having to manage an invisible threat like high cholesterol. Men who normally take charge of their lives can feel misplaced or like “just another number” in the complex medical system.
We understand this and place an emphasis on connection with our patients. We will help you understand the importance of your treatment, and the options you have in managing your health. We will treat your healthcare needs with the respect and attention they deserve. If you need treatment outside our clinic, we can help you navigate the medical system and connect with the specialists you need. We are here to help you take care of yourself, and your family.
Easy Access Health Care for WWU Students
- Use us to augment your Student Health Center. We are close by and we have expanded hours for your convenience
- Use us as the supportive health provider you need away from home.
- We can help with stress, depression, and chronic conditions like allergies and asthma that require ongoing medication.
- We provide confidential Family Planning and STD treatments.
- We are here to help you, and to connect you to other health services when needed.